Visitor Visa

Visitor visa

Whether it is recreation, family visit, business or just transit, one may need a temporary resident visa that is known as a Visitor Visa or Electronic travel authorization(eTA). The type of visa required depends on your country of citizenship and the type of visit you will be making to Canada.

List of Visa-exempt but eTA required

Applicants from certain countries do not need to apply for a visit visa, instead, they need to apply for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).

There are certain other exemptions to eTA as well.

Who does not need an eTA or a visitor visa?

Passport holders from certain countries do not require a visit visa or an eTA to visit Canada. They enter based on their nationality and are only required to have a valid identity document or passport. Citizens of the United States of America can enter Canada without a visit visa or eTA.

The visitor visa and eTAs are issued for up to ten years with multiple entries allowed over a ten-year period. With each entry you can remain in Canada for a maximum of 6 months within a 12 month period.

What to do while in Canada?

To make most of the trip



Government fees : CAN$100

Biometrics : CAN$85. In some cases, certain applicants are required to submit their biometric data (fingerprints and photos) as part of the application process.

Processing time : Varies by country. Processing time doesn’t include the time you need to give biometrics.


m m m

Take the CELPIP Test Take the CAEL Test


Working together, to achieve results.

Book Now